Copyright


All images © Peter Garrity - note image quality is affected by blogger - originals have significantly better resolution and sharpness

RICHARDS PIPIT

25-02-2018 Wombwell Ings, South Yorkshire

A bird had been seen briefly here for three days so I decided to have an early start despite the information suggesting it had only been seen after 2.30pm. At around 8.00am I was the only person on site and a pipit flew over me calling and landed some distance away across the Ings. The call was a very clear schuuuerp schuuuerp. I played my APP call for Richards Pipit and bingo!! yes it was the bird. I stayed in location and the bird thankfully appeared closer to me in the rough grass at around 9.00am. It was still a fair distance away but I managed a few shots. I re-visited later in the afternoon and it was there again for all the birders to grip which was good. Also incredibly a Yellow-browed Warbler was present, a South Yorkshire tick for me.










































No comments:

Post a Comment